I came into the library, and tried to pick up my new library card. I was presented with my old card. I asked if I could get the money back I paid for the new one. I was told no. They showed me the paper application, it hadn't been made up yet. The request is being 'processed,' though...I wrote a letter of complaint, suggested they might like to review their system. 1) I didn't get an email to say my card was handed in, 2) 'Lost and found' wasn't checked when I asked for a new one,' 3) librarians are stripped of common sense when they walk into Lancaster University Library. The perfect book I found the other day has gone awol. I would have gotten it out, had I not been waiting for a new card.
Watched 'La Haine' last night. It wasn't good. Basically about a bunch of French chavs. Not enough happened. High hopes for 'Elizabeth' - have had three duds this week, let's end on a high note. Think we're going to go to the Chinese on campus before the cinema. Best Chinese I've ever been to. Raine's addicted to the Singapore Noodles.
Am currently trying to write about Richard Dawkins. Want to suggest that his view of religion is unfair, reductive and dangerous. He gets me so angry. Have to use that anger constructively. Am considering sending my work to his website: richarddawkins.net for personal comebacks. My hope is to get him to realise what a tosser he is. However, he says himself "dye-in-the-wool faith-heads are immune to argument." That's him - dye-in-the-wool, fundamentalist atheist.
Started a new book last night. Haruki Murakami's 'Wild Sheep Chase.'
Saturday, 3 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment